- Est. February 2016
- UMVs: 42,800+
- PVs: 64,600+
- Avg. time: 3:36
Social mediaDownload media kit
So you want to work with me?
Let’s be real: it’s all about you, and what I can do with—or for—you.
- Travel photography: Share a thousand and one words with my photos.
- Travel writing: Tell a thousand and one stories through my writing.
- Brand ambassador: Show the world your badass brand by partnering with an active adventurer.
- Destination marketing: I can prove to my followers how incredible your destination is.
- Sponsored products: If your products can survive my lifestyle, people should know about them.
I’ve worked with…
Samples of past campaigns
- Winter travel in Kyrgyzstan: here’s what you need to know (Helvetas)
- A long journey to good vision in the Amazon (OneSight)
- A two-week Uzbekistan + Tajikistan itinerary (USAID)
- Tiny towns where smiles abound: off the beaten track in Bhutan (Gray Langur)
Who are my followers?
My followers around the world love me for my honesty, follow me for my curious and open mind, and trust that my recommendations will always be conscientious. I value their trust above all else, and do not accept projects unless they align perfectly with my brand and my followers’ interests.
Your blog is hands down the best I’ve come across in a (very) crowded field. Great writing, stunning pictures, easy to follow, informs and educates while also telling a compelling story. — Ivan
I don’t like reading blogs, but I love reading books. Alex does a great job at making me forget I’m reading a travel blog. — Cory
Your blog is one of the best blogs out there. I waffle between admiration, inspiration and it must be said – some envy. Honestly, I don’t know how you manage to strike such a balance between candid and informative writing. — Megan
Want to know more?
Lost With Purpose in the press
- BBC – The most colourful job in the world?
- Associated Press – In Bhutan, gross national happiness more important than GDP (Photos)
- Lonely Planet – Pictures of the Blue City of Jodhpur
- Business Insider – Solo female travel in Saudi Arabia
- Skift – Pakistan gets serious about its tourism pitch
- Travel + Leisure – 10 Ways to Become a More Mindful and Financially Savvy Traveler
- Los Angeles Times – Want to get lost? Let this blog be your guide
- CNN – Pakistan: Adventure travel’s best kept secret?
- VICE – How Much Money Do You Need to Quit Your Job and Travel for a Year?
- VICE Canada – Meet the blogger bringing Bhutan’s street fashion to the world (Video footage)
- Rest of World – The Authoritarian Influencers
- News.com.au – Iran wins the prize for high frequency harassment
- News.com.au – What it’s like to travel as a woman in Afghanistan
- News.com.au – Here’s what it’s really like to quit your job to travel the world
- Time Out London – Alternative India (PDF)
- Skyscanner Australia – 5 Wild Travel Stories from Around the World
- Ethical Traveler – The Ethics of Budget Travel: Is it Possible to Travel Responsibly on a Budget?
- Nomadic Matt – The Inspiring Blogger Series
- Dametraveler – Interview with Alex of Lost With Purpose
- Pakistan Today – Breaking western myths: western female travelers talk of Pakistan
- Matador Network – 60 things you need to know when traveling to Iran
- Tripoto – Meet the blogger who traveled to Pakistan 5 times and now runs tours across the country
- Georgian Journal – Why travel to Georgia?
- Mapping Megan – Sexiest Travelers of 2017
- Odyssey – 16 Instagram Accounts To Fuel Your Wanderlust
- Ona Bags – 8 Inspiring Female Photographers by Dame Traveler
- My Travel Secret – 9 Instagram travel accounts that you really can’t miss (Dutch)
- Tripper – 9 Cultural Travel Blogs You Need to Follow